Warehouse / Yard Operative - Manchester
Sunday 31 March, 2019
Locations: Manchester - North England & Midlands
Field and Lawn are now recruiting for a warehouse operative and are looking for a candidate to meet our high expectations to help us continue to deliver the best to our clients. We are looking for the successful candidate to operate out of our Runcorn branch, based on the Whitehouse Ind. Estate WA7 3FY.
The type of person we are looking will need to be fit and energetic, have a willingness to learn and work as part of a team. You will have to be self-motivated, willing to work additional and at times unsociable hours (including weekends) whilst remaining positive about the job.
The following skills are desirable:
- Counterbalance forklift experience, with current certificate and with a minimum of 3 years’ experience, references will be checked…
- Ability and previous experience of loading and unloading curtain side trailers
- Able to deal with paperwork, i.e. load lists, delivery notes etc.
- Picking & unpicking of stock items
- Personal organisation and motivation
- Excellent communication
- Ability to deal with pressure
- Attention to detail
- Aware of Health & Safety
- All other associated warehouse work.
- Previous experience in working within marquee or festive lighting industry
- Previous experience in working within a warehouse / yard environment
- Events industry experience
- Dealing with management, workforce and sub-contractors
In return we offer good rates of pay, starting from £9.00 per hour and will be discussed on an individual basis, based on your skill set.
You must have a valid Counterbalance Truck Licence with a minimum 3 years FLT experience within a busy warehouse environment (previous experience and references will need to be provided) and a full & clean drivers licence.
Field and Lawn offers its employees a rewarding and worthwhile career, with fantastic opportunities, so why not apply today?
Field & Lawn are an equal opportunities employer.